FOR NON-FREE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
NBC SPORTS OPENS ON THE EAST COAST ON THE EAST COAST THE FINAL ROUND OPENED SINCE 2013
Protection of the ultimate spherical of the US Open on NBC reached a most of 9.2 million viewers, as Matthew Fitzpatrick escaped from the bunker at Fairway and Parred 18th A gap to safe the primary nice victory
With the assist of Peacock, the US Open 2022 is essentially the most present golf occasion at NBC Sports activities
The U.S. Community publishes one of the best variety of views on weekday afternoons since 2017 with protection of the second spherical
STAMFORD, Connecticut – June 21, 2022 – The presentation of NBC Sports activities within the remaining spherical of the 2022 US Open from The Nation Membership in Brooklyn, Massachusetts, on Sunday averaged the full variety of spectators (TAD) 5.41 million viewers – marking the preferred remaining spherical of the Open East Coast US Open since 2013 and 65% greater than on the earlier US Open on the East Coast (3.3 million, Winged Foot, 20.09.20). Sunday’s remaining was additionally the preferred sporting occasion of the weekend.
Sunday’s remaining spherical, which restricted greater than 45 hours of reside broadcast of the championship on NBC, Peacock and USA Community, was highlighted Matthew Fitzpatrick, Will Zalatoris and Scotty Scheffler give an opportunity to win or tie the rating to 18th gap. Fitzpatrick secured his first main victory with a double blow in two strokes after escaping from the golf green bunker together with his second shot.
Further highlights of NBC Sports activities US Open 2022:
- The variety of views on Sunday’s final spherical peaked 9.2 million viewers from 18:30 to 18:45 Jap time on NBC, when Fitzpatrick, Zalatoris and Scheffler performed the final holes. The height of viewings is the very best for the US Open, which has been taking part in within the east of the nation since 2016.
- The 2022 US Open below Peacock the preferred golf occasion in NBC Sports activities historical past, for a complete of 244 million minutes * for all 4 rounds, which is 74% greater than final yr’s US Open. Sunday’s final spherical supplied a mean minute viewers (AMA) of 148,000 spectators, nearly 4 occasions extra than in 2021 (Torrey Pines) and in 2020 (Winged Leg). (* Figures don’t embrace USGA digital platforms.)
- The report of the third spherical of Saturday’s spherical (midday – 20:03 Jap time) introduced TAD 3.6 million viewers on NBC and Peacock – 16% greater than in the identical spherical of the earlier East Coast US Open (3.1 million, Winged Leg, 19.09.20).
- Due to a reside broadcast of the US Open on Friday, USA Community supplied TAD 1.08 million viewers for the second spherical broadcast. one of the best variety of views on weekdays on-line since 2017 (12/26/17), excluding holidays. On Thursday, the reside broadcast of the primary spherical of the USA Community gained a mean of 854,000 viewers, which turned the preferred day on the community for the reason that Beijing Olympics (earlier than the protection was exceeded on Friday).
- NBC’s tv score and Sunday broadcast score (midday – 18:52 Jap Time) was 5.3 million viewers and a pair of.9 / 12. The twelfth share is one of the best for the final spherical since 2013 (13 shares).
- Put up-final spherical Dwell protection on the GOLF Channel on Sunday gained a mean of 176,000 viewers, which is 48% greater than the identical protection final yr.
The entire viewers is predicated on Nielsen knowledge in actual time and on the identical day and digital knowledge from Adobe Analytics.
Be aware. The US Open, which is performed on the West Coast, means that you can broadcast reside broadcasts in prime time.
BEST MARKETS FOR US 2022 OPENING (FINAL ROUND)
|1.||Boston||5.3 / 19|
|2.||West Palm Seaside||4.9 / 17|
|3.||Jacksonville||4.2 / 15|
|T4.||Minneapolis||4.1 / 19|
|T4.||Windfall||4.1 / 14|
|6.||Columbus||3.8 / 16|
|T7.||Phoenix||3.7 / 15|
|T7.||Hartford||3.7 / 15|
|T7.||Las Vegas||3.7 / 15|
|10||Roles||3.6 / 13|
* primarily based on 44 markets with meters